Please also see our terms of service.
Last modified and effective date: January 11, 2016
The terms "We," "Us," and "Our" includes HELM-Systems and its affiliates.
- Information we collect.
“Users” of the site is defined as anyone utilizing the Site.
Types of information you provide us:
- Personal Information: While using the Site, we may collect information that identifies you as a specific person and can be used to identify or contact you ("Personal Information"). Examples of Personal Information include, but are not limited to, your name, email address, physical address and phone number.
- Payment Information: If, and only if, you make or receive payments on the Site, we will also collect payment information, including credit card, PayPal or other financial account information, and the billing address used.
- General Audience Service: This Site is intended for users that are at least 13 years of age. By utilizing the Site and/or its services, you are acknowledging that you are at least 13 years of age. This site is not intended for or designed to attract persons under the age of 13. We do not permit registration by, and do not knowingly collect Personal Information, from anyone under the age of 13. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 years of age and believe that HELM-Systems has collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us at: Contact1@helm-systems.com. If we are made aware that a child younger than 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information.
- Non-Identifying Information: We may collect other information, including but not limited to demographic data, information regarding your Site usage, and data regarding your usage of any service on the Site ("Non-Identifying Information"). Usernames will be considered to be Non-Identifying Information. We may aggregate information collected from registered and non-registered Site users ("Site Users"). Usernames may be publically viewable on the Site and viewable by other Site Users.
- Combination of Personal and Non-Identifying Information: We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information. The combination of such information will be treated as Personal Information.
Information Received from Third Parties
Information Collected from Users Automatically
HELM-Systems and our third party service providers may collect information from you whenever you access and interact with the Site. This information includes, but is not limited to, the browser and operating system you are using, the search terms that led you to the Site, the URL or advertisement that referred you to the Site, how you interacted with the Site, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. Mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with your device’s physical location when accessing the Site. We may combine this automatically collected information with other information we collect about you.
HELM-Systems collects information from Users automatically by using:
- Embedded Scripts: An Embedded Script is programming code that collects information about how you interact with the Site. The code is downloaded onto your computer or other device and is deactivated or deleted upon disconnecting from the Site.
HELM-Systems may also use other methods and technologies that collect similar information. We may use third parties to perform these services on our behalf.
You may have the opportunity to create a user profile (“Profile”), which may include Personal Information, feedback, reviews, ratings, and other information, including your username. All information in your Profile may be visible to all Users. You may edit information in your Profile through your account. If you believe that an unauthorized profile has been created on your behalf, you can request for it to be removed by contacting us at Contact1@helm-systems.com.
We may collect and display testimonials or reviews of users on our site in addition to other endorsements. We will not post your name alongside your testimonial without your prior consent. If you wish to update or delete your review or testimonial, you can contact us at Contact1@helm-systems.com.
We may collect feedback from Site Users about their experiences with other Site Users. Any feedback provided may be publicly viewable. We may remove feedback at our sole discretion.
Social Media Accounts
You may have the opportunity to integrate your profile on the Site with a third party social media website (“SMW”), such as Facebook and Twitter. Such integration would require that you log into your account with the SMW. You may have the opportunity to register on the Site by logging in with your SMW account. If you register by logging in with your SMW account, or link your SMW account to your Site account, we may use the Personal Information you have provided to the SMW to create your Site account. Information collected from the SMW is subject to the privacy settings on your SMW account and the permissions you grant HELM-Systems in linking your account.
The Site may allow you to "like" or share content to a third party SMW. If you choose to "like" or share content, or to otherwise share information from the Site with a third party website, that information may be publicly displayed, and the third party website may have access to information about you and your use of our Site. Similarly, we may have access to information about you from the third party website should you “like” or share content from the Site. Importantly, a User’s interactions with third party websites, such as an SMW, are governed by the respective privacy policies of the third party sites.
By interacting with the Site through an SMW, by linking an SMW to your account, or by sharing content on an SMW, you represent that you are entitled to use your SMW account for the purposes described herein without breaching any of the terms and conditions that govern the SMW, and without obligating HELM-Systems or its subsidiaries to pay any fees or making HELM-Systems or its subsidiaries subject to any usage limitations imposed by such SMW. You can disable the linking of your SMW to your account on the Site at any time by contacting Contact1@helm-systems.com. Your relationship with any SMW is governed solely by your agreement(s) with such SMW. If your SMW account terminates, then functions enabled through the link between your Site account and your SMW account may terminate as well or be limited in functionality.
Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers may allow Users to automatically send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites they visit. There is no clear consensus as to what “Do Not Track” specifically refers to. As such, HELM-Systems does not alter its data collection practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal.
2. Use and Retention of Information.
We use information we collect:
- To provide and improve the Site, complete your transactions, address your inquiries, process your registration, and for internal business purposes;
- To contact you for administrative purposes, marketing or promotional purposes (on behalf of HELM-Systems or third parties) and to provide other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please send an email to Contact1@helm-systems.com indicating such preference.
- To tailor the content we display to you and offers we may present to you, both on the Site and elsewhere;
- To continue our business relationship with you;
We retain the information we collect for at least 1 year(s) and may retain the information for as long as needed for our business and legal purposes.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure.
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing initiatives unless we first provide you with the opportunity to opt-in or opt-out. Otherwise, we will not disclose your Non-Identifying information or Personal Information to third parties, except for the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may utilize third parties to perform Site-related services, including but not limited to maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, video hosting and improvement of the Site’s features, and/or to provide analysis on how the Site is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information.
- Legal and Investigative Purposes: HELM-Systems will share information with government agencies as required by law. We will cooperate with all government agencies, law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about you to government agencies, law enforcement officials or private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate, in our sole discretion, to respond to claims and legal process, at the request of governmental authorities, law enforcement, or third parties conducting a legal investigation, to protect the property and rights of HELM-Systems and its subsidiaries or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any individual, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal or fraudulent.
- Contests and Promotions: We may offer contests and other promotions (cumulatively, "Promotion") that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you agree to the official rules of the Promotion, which may contain requirements that you allow the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion, except where prohibited by law. By entering into a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion as permitted by the Promotion's official rules, or as required by law.
4. Changing Your Information and Closing Your Account.
You must maintain the accuracy of the information you submit to us and you must update us with any changes through your account. If you completely delete all account information, then your account may become deactivated. If your account is deactivated or you request that HELM-Systems close your account, you will no longer be able to use all functions of the Site. If you would like us to delete your account in our system, please email Contact1@helm-systems.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. However, certain information may remain on the Site even if you close your account. In addition, your Personal Information may remain in our archives, regardless of whether you deleted your account, for our business purposes. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from our databases. We typically do not remove information you posted publicly on the Site.
5. Third Party Service Providers.
HELM-Systems works with, or may in the future work with, third party service providers including but not limited to analytics service providers, network advertisers, video hosting services, and other vendors to:
- Process credit cards and other methods of payment;
- Track traffic on the Site, including pages viewed and the actions taken;
- Post advertisements on other web sites, within mobile apps and elsewhere online;
- Provide HELM-Systems with information regarding the use of the Site and the effectiveness of our advertisements;
- Provide Clients with video content.
Our service providers may collect information about your Site visits and activity on the Site as well as other web sites or services. They may place and access their own tracking technologies on your device and may use that information to show you targeted advertisements as well. Some of these service providers may collect Personal Information when you visit the Site or other online websites and services.
6. International Transfers of Personal Information.
7. California Privacy Rights.
If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits registered users who are minors to request and obtain deletion of certain posted content.
Site Users may receive marketing emails from HELM-Systems. Site Users have the ability to opt-out of receiving said marketing emails by following the opt-out instructions provided in the emails. HELM-Systems reserves the right to send you communications relating to your account and use of the Site via email, and other means, and these transactional account messages will be unaffected if you elect to no longer receive marketing communications.
9. Third party links.
The Site contains links to other websites, but links are not an endorsement, authorization or representation of any affiliation with the third party, nor does it act as an endorsement of the third parties’ privacy policies. Third party websites are independent of HELM-Systems, and maintain their own privacy and information collection procedures.
HELM-Systems takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about Site Users.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. HELM-Systems cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
11. Changes to this Policy.
12. Contacting Us.